- ACDS Dental CWAT BDS Application Form 2017 Notification
- ACDS CWAT Entrance Test– 2017 Syllabus
- ACDS Entrance Exam Evaluation System:
- ACDS Dental CWAT BDS Admission Criteria:
- Weight age For Gallantry Award Winners:
- Eligibility Criteria for ACDS Admission 2017
- ACDS Dental CWAT BDS Counseling 2017
- Educational Qualification for ACDS Admissions 2017:
- Procedure for obtaining ACDS Prospectus and Applications Form – 2017:
- Application Fee:
ACDS Dental Entrance CWAT (BDS) 2017 Application | Notification | Syllabus | Counseling:
The Army College of Dental Sciences (ACDS) is to issue shortly; i.e., by October-end 2016 a detailed Notification in respect of admission into Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) Course for the Academic Year 2017 at the Army College of Dental Sciences (ACDS), Secunderabad, Army College of Nursing (AIN), Jalandhar and Army Institute of Nursing (AIN), Guwahati and Dr N.T. R University of Health Sciences (NTRUHS), Vijayawada.
ACDS Dental CWAT BDS Application Form 2017 Notification
The Army College of Dental Sciences shall conduct the ACDS Combined Written Admission Test (CWAT) – 2016 for admission at Army College of Dental Sciences and Dr. N.T. Rao University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada.
Download e-Admit Cards / Hall Tickets for ACDS CWAT – 2017:
The Army College of Dental Sciences shall generate One Month prior to the Date of the Entrance Test / CWAT – 2017 the Admittance Cards / Hall Exam Tickets; i.e., by mid of April 2017.
ACDS CWAT Entrance Test– 2017 Syllabus
Syllabus for the Examination: The General Standard of the Entrance Examination for the ACDS notified CWAT – 2017 would be that of 11th and 12th Classes under the 10+2 Scheme / Pre-Medical / Intermediate Science or an Equivalent Examination of the State Education Board / Indian University (SEB / IU).
The Combined Written Admission Test (C-WAT) comprising Objective-Type Multiple Choice Questions shall be of Two (02) Hours duration. The Entrance Test likely to be held in May 2017 shall contain the Multiple Choice Questions from FOUR (04) Subjects as hereunder.
|Srl. No.||Name of the Paper||Objective-Type Multiple Choice Questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration||Admission Criteria|
|Botany||25||25||Two (02) Hours||Inter-se Merit and Weight age to the Gallantry Award Winners|
ACDS Entrance Exam Evaluation System:
The Evaluation of the Optical Markup Reader Answer Sheet (OMRAS) based Objective-Type Multiple Choice Questions shall be done through Optical Scanners and Computers. For each Correct Answer given by the Candidates shall fetch one mark whereas Incorrect Answers, Multiple Answers or Doubtful Answers will result in a deduction of 0.25 Mark. The entire process of evaluation is computerized, therefore, the candidates must carefully mark respective their Answers in the Optical Markup Reader Response Sheet (OMRRS).
The Army College of Dental Sciences declared Result of the Combined Written Admission Test would be followed by Counseling.
ACDS Dental CWAT BDS Admission Criteria:
Admission of the Merit listed candidates in to the First Year of the BDS Degree Course at the Army College of Dental Sciences, Secunderabad will be strictly in order of the Inter-se Merit of the candidates in the Combined Written Admission Test (C-WAT) conducted by ACDS for 2017- 2018. Remaining seats will be filled by Dr NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada
The candidates would be initially granted provisional Admission and shall be considered Final on acceptance of Eligibility by Dr NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, A.P.
Weight age For Gallantry Award Winners:
Weight age: The wards of the Gallantry Award Winners shall have to submit the Certificate No 09, subject to which Weight age for admission shall be as hereunder:
|(a) Gallantry Award||Weight age||Short Name||Code|
|(i)||Param Vir Chakra||5%||PVC||E-5|
|(vii)||Sena Medal (Gallantry only)||1%||SM||A-1|
|(b) Distinguished Service in War/Conflict/Hostilities|
|(i)||Sarvottam Yudh Seva Medal||3%||SYM||C-3|
|(ii)||Uttam Yudh Seva Medal||2%||UYSM||B-2|
|(iii)||Yudh Seva Medal||1%||YSM||A-1|
|(c) Mention in Dispatches||1%||M-I-D||A-1|
|(Submit Certificate 6)|
Note: The percentage will be that of the Marks obtained in the Combined Written Admission Test, which will be added to actual marks scored by the Candidate.
Eligibility Criteria for ACDS Admission 2017
The Army College of Dental Sciences has mandated the Eligibility Criteria as hereunder:
- The candidate should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of Admission or will complete this age on 31st of December of the Year of Admission.
- The Candidate should have passed the two years Intermediate or equivalent course thereof, with science subjects, viz; Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology) securing a minimum of 50% from a recognized Indian Intermediate Board or University. The Candidate possessing qualification of a University / Intermediate Board outside the State should produce the certificate of equivalence from the Registrar, Dr NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.
- Sc. (Part I) Examination of an Indian University as laid down by the University Grants Commission (UGC). A Student who has passed B.Sc. Examination with One or more of the Subjects mentioned in (a) i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology would be admitted to the dental course if he/she has passed the remaining subjects in the Intermediate Examination.
- Should have secured not less than 50% Marks on the aggregate of the above Subjects in the Qualifying Examination and Competitive Examination.
- The candidate should be medically fit.
Ensuring Eligibility: Ensuring that a candidate fulfills all Conditions / Qualifications for Eligibility in the Bachelor of Dental Surgery Course is the responsibility of the candidate. The Eligibility of the Candidate will be verified by the ACDS at the time of admission and also later during the scrutiny of papers by the University. If a candidate is found to be ineligible at any stage during the entire process, the College reserves the right to cancel his/her candidature.
ACDS Dental CWAT BDS Counseling 2017
Counselling for admission into Bachelor of Dental Surgery shall be held in July 2017.
Counseling shall necessitate the Candidates to carry along with them the following documents in original for Document verification to the utmost satisfaction of the Army College of Dental Sciences Admission Committee:
- Proof of Age as it appears in the Mark sheet of SSC / Class 10 / Equivalent Examination.
- Certificate of passing the (10+2) Central Board of Secondary Education / Equivalent Qualifying Examination.
- Mark sheet of passing the (10+2) CBSE/equivalent qualifying examination.
- School/Institute leaving certificate (after qualifying in 10+2 equivalent examination).
- Proof of eligible category as per para 10 (Certificate as applicable).
- Certificates (As applicable from 1 to 8)
- PPO In original (for verification only)
- Migration Certificate.
- Photograph – Stamp Size – 08, Passport Size – 08.
- Medical Certificate in prescribed format at the time of counseling (Certificate -4).
Minimum Aggregate: The Candidates must have obtained Minum 50% Marks in the Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) taken together. Compartmental Pass candidates are not eligible for admission.
Candidates who have appeared in the 12th Class or equivalent examination are also provisionally eligible to apply and appear in the Entrance Examination. However, their candidature will be considered eligible subject to providing the documentary evidence of having passed the Qualifying Examination with the required Subjects and Percentage of Marks at the time of Counseling or Admission.
Educational Qualification for ACDS Admissions 2017:
The Higher Secondary Examination (HSE) or the Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE) which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics (PCBM) or any other Elective Subjects with English at a level not less than the core Course for English as prescribed by the National Council for Educational Research and Training (NCERT) after the introduction of the 10+2+3 years Educational Structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education (NCE);
The Intermediate Examination in Science of an Indian University / Board or other recognized Examining Body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB), which shall include a Practical Test in these Subjects and also English as a compulsory Subject.
The Pre-Professional / Pre-Medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB), after passing either the Higher Secondary School Examination (HSSE), or the Pre-University or an Equivalent Examination. The Pre-Professional / Pre-Medical Examination shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) and also English as a compulsory Subject.
The First Year of the Three (03) Years Degree Course of a Recognized University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) including a Practical Test in Three (03) Subjects provided the Examination is a “University Examination” and the candidate has passed 10+2 with English Language at a level not less than a Core Course.
B.Sc Examination of an Indian University, provided that he / she has passed the B.Sc. Examination with not less than two of the following Subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) and further that he / she has passed the earlier Qualifying Examination with the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (PCBE).
Any other Examination which, in scope and standard is found to be Equivalent to the Intermediate Science Examination of an Indian University / Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) including practical test in each of these Subjects and English.
Procedure for obtaining ACDS Prospectus and Applications Form – 2017:
The Prospectus and Application Forms would be made available at the Army College of Dental Sciences / Command Head Quarter (AWES) / Army HQ (AWES), New Delhi.
The Cost of Application for Army College of Dental Sciences, is Rs 700/- (By Hand / Through Demand Draft) and Rs 750/- (By Registered Post).
The Applicants would be able to download the Application Form from the Army College of Dental Sciences (ACDS) Website; in which case the filled in Application Form must be accompanied by a Demand Draft for Rs 700/-.
For Regular Updates relevant to the Army College of Dental Sciences Common Written Admission Test (C-WAT) Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) 2017, we would like to advise the candidates to visit www.acds.co.in at times.