SBI PO Recruitment 2016, 2200 Probation Officers Apply Online, Syllabus,Pattern:
The State Bank of India (SBI) has invited the applications for the recruitment of 2200 Posts of Probationary Officers (PO) from eligible candidates. Eligible candidates, who aspire to join State Bank of India as a Probationary Officer, are required to register online for the Recruitment Process. State Bank of India Probationary Officer (PO) recruitment Notification 2016 (Advertisement no CRPD/PO/2016-17/02), for the recruitment of 2200 total posts has been issued. Aspiring Candidates may submit their applications from 04/05/2016 to 24/05/2016 through SBI website online.
SBI Probationary Officers (PO) Recruitment 2016
The State Bank of India (SBI) Probationary Officer recruitment 2016, on 2200 vacant posts (Comprised of Fresh & Backlog vacancies)- Applications are being invited from apt applicants on the 2200 Probationary Officer (PO) post. Applications can be submitted to the SBI registered website, through ONLINE MODE only on or before the 24th May 2016.
Name of the Department- State Bank of India (SBI)
Advertisement No- CRPD/PO/2016-17/02
Name of the Post- Probationary Officer
Total No of Posts- 2200
|Sr No||Category||No of posts|
SBI PO Officers Apply Online : 2016
The Candidates can apply online only from 04-05-2016 to 24-05-2016 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
- Candidates will be required to register themselves online through Bank’s website www.sbi.co.in/careers or www.statebankofindia.com/careers
- After registration, candidates are required to pay the requisite application fee through online mode by using Debit Card/ Credit Card/Internet Banking.
SBI PO Category wise Application Fee
|Category||Application Fee & Intimation Charges|
|SC / ST / PwD||Rs. 100/- (Only Intimation Charges)|
|General and Others||Rs. 600/- (Application Fee including Intimation Charges)|
SBI (PO) Selection Procedure-
Phase-I: Preliminary Examination:
|Sr No||Name of the Test||No of Objective type MCQ questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||Composite time of One Hour|
Phase – II: Main Examination:
Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive Test by typing on the computer. Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
- Objective Test: The Objective Test of 3 hours duration consists of 4 sections for total 200 marks. The Objective Test will have separate timing for every section. The candidates are required to qualify in each of the tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
- Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay). The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank. Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in Objective Test.
Phase – III: Group Discussion (20 marks) & Interview (30 marks)-
The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and the Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category. Adequate number of candidates in each category, as decided by the Bank will be called for Group Discussion and Interview.
The selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category. Results of the candidates who will have qualified for GD & Interview/ and the list of candidates finally selected will be made available on the Bank’s website. Final select list will be published in Employment News/Rozgar Samachar and also on Bank’s website.
SBI Probationary Officer (PO) Final Selection: 2016
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for the selection.
- Only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in Objective Test and Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GD & Interview (Phase-III) for preparation of the final merit list. The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating converted marks of Written Test and Group Discussion &Interview out of 100 for each category.
- Online registration including edit/modification of application: May 4 to May 24, 2016
- Payment of application fee/intimation charges: May 4 to May 24
- Download of call letters for online preliminary examination: June 14
- Online examination -Preliminary: July 2, 3, 9 and July 10, 2016
- Result of online exam – Preliminary: July 18
- Download of call letter for online main exam: July 21 onwards
- Online main examination: July 31st, 2016
- Declaration of results – main: August 16th 2016
- Download of call letter for interview: August 22
- Group discussion and interview: September 1
- Declaration of final result: September 30
Pre-Examination Training for SC/ST/religious Minority Community Candidates:
- Download of call letters for Pre-Exam Training: June 13 onwards
- Pre-Exam training: June 20 to June 25
Official SBI Web Portal: www.sbi.co.in